Monday, May 9, 2011

Take Five

Not only is the title a reference to one of the most well-known tunes by the Dave Brubeck Quartet, but is also a cue to direct all of the readers of The Arts Law to take a break from my legal/entertainment musings and check out an amazing big band.
           Music is good, live music is even better and jazz is perhaps the coolest form of music. Take all of this together and admix it into the aggregate chops of some really talented musicians and you've got Psych! The Unexpected Big Band.
Yes, this Band's manager (and one of the co-founders) is my very good friend, but I've got to tell you how truly great this Band really is -- I've attended more than a few of just their rehearsals and have been blown away at how well they play reading from charts...for the first time.
           As for their live performances, well, they cover everything from big band standards to more modern tunes to performing compositions by some of the best jazz composers and performers around. My legal advice? It would be a definite breach of coolness to not check this Band out now at: http://www.psychbigband.com/
           And I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment